Film makers are invited to participate in the 2011 SFF short film competition. The competition highlights the creative talent across Southend, Rochford and Castle Point. Winning entrants will see their work presented at the Southend Film Festival which will take place over the first Bank Holiday Weekend in May 2011.
- Open to all individuals or groups who live or study in Southend-on-Sea, Rochford and Castle Point.
- There will be two age groups. Under 16 and over 16.
- There are five categories to enter: Animation, Documentary, Fiction, Music and one on the subject of Southend-on-Sea which could use any style to present your work.
- All films should run for less than 10 minutes.
- Entry is £5 per film.
- Deadline is Monday 28th March 2011
- All films to be submitted on DVD (not-returnable)
- All submitted films must be made between March 29th 2010 and March 28th 2011.
- A short synopsis about the film, not more than 200 words, must be included with each film.
- Judging will take place in the spring of 2011 by a specially selected panel. There will be a special screening of the winning films at the 2011 festival with an introduction by the panel along with expected media coverage.
- As many as possible of the submitted films will be screened during the festival.
- You can submit your film to the competition whether it is in conjunction with your school/college or individually.
DOWNLOAD the application form for the Southend Film Festival Short Film Competition HERE.